The batter should take a step and drive the ball.
1. Make sure that the batter is swinging in a direction that is free of persons should the batter lose the grip on the bat.
1. Check to make sure the batter is using proper grip, stance and stride mechanics.
5. The ball hit is on the middle 3rd of the plate. These trainers are some of the most popular baseball batting trainers used today.
The 4X5 Baseball and Softball Pre-game Warm-up Drill
7. Allowing the ball to pass inside the front foot allows the batter to use the front foot and leg as a anchor and leverage to generate a more powerful swing.
The holder changes location and height and allows the batter to take 6 swings at each location. This is what I call “coning out”.
Baseball Hitting Drills – Tips and Drills For Using Hitting Stick Trainers
by: Nick Dixon
The http://BaseballCoachingDigest.com has a great selection of BASEBALL COACHING and TRAINING ARTICLES. The first and original version was the HitnStik*. Remember to direct the ball toward the belly button or back foot of the batter.
The key to proper use of any hand-held batting device is KNOWING AND USING THE CORRECT ANGLE FOR THE DRILL YOU ARE DOING! If you do not direct or point the ball at the proper angle, the batter will always make poor contact. Check out the Bat Action Hitting Machine baseball pitching simulator at http://BatAction.com. First, the product is to be used as a “still” ball trainer. The ball will be positioned in a location behind the front foot. The batter should attack the inside strike earlier to keep from getting jammed.
10. I often see coaches and parents working with players when I visit a park. They have different names but they all are great trainers to teach and train young players. As the inventor of the HitnStik*, Hit2win Trainer^, and SKLZ Target+ Trainer, I sometimes cringe when I see someone using the product incorrectly. MIDDLE STRIKE CONTACT – The holder will move around a couple more feet. Then later came other versions including the Hit2win Trainer^ and the SKLZ Target Trainer. You can learn to hit without having to chase, pick-up or retrieve a single ball. Make sure that the hitting area is safe with no one within 15 feet of the holder or the batter.
3. You should not move the ball when using these trainers. This location simulates hitting a pitch over the inside 3rd of the plate. The holder should make sure that the trainer safety strap is used to prevent the holder from losing their grip on the trainer when the batter hits the ball.
4. This teaches the batter to allow the ball down the middle to get inside the front foot so that maximum power can be generated during the swing. Make sure the ball is directed at the batter’s back foot.
6. INSIDE STRIKE – The holder moves toward the direction of the pitcher from the batter. The height of the ball should be raised and lowered in the strike zone to give the batter swings at both high and low strikes. . If the angle is wrong, the end of the bat will hit behind the ball and the bat will never actually touch the ball. The batter swings and drives the ball in a direction that would be to the opposite field. The unit is portable and requires no setup. I sometimes get frustrated because I observe the product being used incorrectly.
The popularity come from the benefits they offer the baseball player, baseball coach, and the baseball parent. The first thing to remember is that the holder should always direct the rod and ball toward the hitter’s back foot. HIP TURNER LOCATION – The holder stands slightly behind the batter directing the ball at the batter’s bat pocket. It is important to know the proper angles when using this product.
There are many versions of the “ball-on-a-rod” trainer. ^Hit2win is a registered trademark of Nedco Sports Products. The holder will change the location of the ball by moving.
*HitnStik is a registered trademark belong to Easton Sports. The batter does not move. The purpose of these swings is to make the batter use the hips as the batter turns and hits the ball. Second, the holder must stand at the proper angle to the batter and direct the ball at the correct angle to the batter. Every player on the team can take 30 warm-up swings each in less than 10 minutes.
2. AWAY STRIKE LOCATION – The holder will move around a couple more feet to give the batter a ball to hit that is on the outer 3rd of the plate. The batter should keep the head still and the head should stay down with the eyes on the ball throughout the swing.
The batter takes 5 swings at 5 different ball locations. The ball should be positioned slightly in front of the batters front foot. All of these baseball trainers basically work and perform the same. It is welcomed in complexes and parks because it allows safe pre-game warm-up, requires little space, and does not damage fences. All of these are handheld units. Positive reinforcement should be given when the batter makes good solid contact.
3. The ball should be positioned at a location inside the batters front foot. The batter will drive the bat through the box. +SKLZ Target is a registered trademark of Pro Performance Sports.
8. This simple rule insures that proper bat-to-ball contact is made. The ball should be at a location just inside the batters back foot. This high speed training machine is 100% Guaranteed to raise Batting Averages and has a full year warranty.
4. Make sure the batter does not over stride.
9. The batter may have to take a slight inward step with the front foot to properly execute this swing.
2 view it